The Department of Education has issued DepEd Memorandum No. 31, s. 2020 or the “Fourth Set of Policy Directives of the DepEd Task Force COVID-19” with the following key points:
1. The World Health Organization increased the assessment of the risk of spread and risk of impact of COVID-19 to “very high” at the global level, the highest level of alert.
2. All policy directives and measures contained in DM 15, s. 2020; DM 21, s. 2020; and DM 23, s. 2020 are sustained.
3. The following measures are reiterated and further elaborated:
a. The travel measures and restrictions as stipulated in Enclosure No. 2 to DM 15, s. 2020, are extended for March 2020. Official and personal travels are temporarily banned in the People’s Republic of China and its Special Administrative Regions, and the North Gyeongsang Province of South Korea (including Daegu City and Cheongdo County).
b. Official travels of all DepEd personnel and learners previously approved by the Secretary for the month of March 2020 to countries identified to have confirmed cases of persons under investigation (PUIs) for COVID-19 are revoked. All personnel with approved personal travels to the same countries are highly advised not to proceed.
c. All personnel and learners who decide to proceed with their scheduled personal travels for the month of March to countries identified to have confirmed cases or PUIs of COVID-19 shall be subject to mandatory self-quarantine for 14 days from the date of arrival in the Philippines.
d. The 14 days of self-quarantine of DepEd personnel shall not be deducted from their earned leave credits.
e. Learners on quarantine shall not be marked absent and shall be given alternative delivery modes of education.
f. Personnel and learners on self-quarantine are strongly instructed to adhere to the guidelines of CSC and DOH for home quarantine (refer to the photos below).
g. All personnel are warned against travelling abroad without approved travel authority.
h. Weekend school-wide general cleaning and intensified disinfection efforts, on top of regular cleaning efforts during school days, shall continue.
4. Schools Division Offices are reminded to consolidate the weekly health situation reports from schools for submission to the BLSS-SHD.
5. Private schools are highly encouraged to adopt the precautionary measures contained in this DepEd memorandum.
For more information, read DM 31, s. 2020: http://bit.ly/DM31S2020
Follow us at DepEd Philippines for the latest official updates on school concerns amid the COVID-19 threat. Health information and tips can also be downloaded at http://www.deped.gov.ph/stopncov.