Authorities, who earlier declared a shift of their operation from search and rescue to search and retrieval, have resumed back their search and rescue operation after one of the victims trapped inside the collapsed building in Padada, Davao del Sur have reportedly sent a message to one of her colleague Monday morning.
One Emily Gollego reportedly sent a text message to her colleague identified as Jovelyn Cabatbat stating that they are still alive and trapped inside the Southern Trade Commercial building around 4:15 this morning.
Gollego claimed that there are six of them still trapped inside and are waiting to be rescued.
For this, Fire Senior Superintendent Fred Trajeras, regional director of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) Davao, said they have resumed their search and rescue efforts. This despite stating earlier that the life detector machine could no longer detect any life signs inside the collapsed building.
Authorities meanwhile identified the two bodies retrieved from the collapsed building as Elsa Ababon, 57 years old, and Evangeline Artiaga 67.
Authorities said they are still looking for seven more victims believed to be still inside the building.