Armed shooting has become a weekly occurrence in Tagum City, Davao del Norte as authorities continue to face a blank wall and could only surmise that several of these killings could be related to the multi-billion investment scam that victimized thousands of individuals in Mindanao.
Just this morning, September 9, a certain Terencio Cañizares was shot by unknown assailants in Purok Uraya, Tagum City.
Last September 4, 22-year old Judy Lou Palas was also shot and killed by armed assailants who brazenly entered her residence and murdered the victim and injured her younger sister as well.
On August 29, a shooting incident also happened in Sto. Niño Cuambogan, Tagum City.
Davao del Norte police provincial director P/Col. Ferlu Silvio said that they are still investigating the series of shooting incidents in Tagum City the past months. He said they are looking into four incidents that could “possibly” be linked to the investment scam.
Silvio said the “possibly related to investment scam” incidents are the following:
1. shooting to death of Judy Lou Palas and wounding of Marinelle Juesna Tajale
2. shooting of Danilo del Campo Roberos on June 29
3. shooting of Gilbert Payan and Analiza Payan on August 31
4. shooting incident of Ariel Cordita Zaragoza and Romiden Constantino Lugayao on August 5
Aside from the four shooting incidents, the police also recorded a looting incident and a grenade explosion as also being related to the investment scam.
The looting incident happened at the staff house of Rigen CEO King Paul Auditor last July 25 in Tagum City. The grenade explosion meanwhile happened on July 9 at the residence of Fredelyn Abregoso Cuba, daughter of investment firm PLC CEO Fredie Abregoso.
Silvio said a total of 11 investment companies based in Tagum City have already been charged with 47 cases of fraud and violation of SEC law, among others.
The charged investment companies are as follows:
1. LK638 Wellness Products Trading
2. A21 Marketing
3. JOGLE Innovative Marketing
4. Questlink Digital Marketing Services
5. Mega-Khan/Omega Surplus Vehicle Trading
6. Titan 29
7. Enco (Enterprises Cooperative)
8. Orgagenic Health and Beauty Products Trading (NERMIE)
9. JY Beauty and Fashion Marketing
10. BCT Motorcycle and Car Trading
There are a total of 112 individuals charged by 102 complainants. Surprisingly, no charges have been filed so far against two of the biggest investment companies — Kapa and Rigen.