DAVAO CITY — A total of 4,249 gaming outlets under the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) were shut down by authorities in Davao Region, the Police Regional Office-11 (PRO-11) said Tuesday.

Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, PRO-11 director, said local police units implemented the shutdown on Saturday hours after President Rodrigo Duterte’s order Friday evening.

Duterte ordered the police and the military to close down all forms of PCSO gaming schemes including Small Town Lottery (STL), lotto, Peryahan ng Bayan, and Keno games.

Morales said a total of 155 lotto outlets, 4,091 STL outlets, and three Keno outlets had been closed down, registering a total of 100 percent compliance.

The PRO-11 official lauded the games’ operators for voluntarily closing down, but warned that violators will be arrested.

“If they will continue to operate, surely, they will face the consequences under existing laws. We also encourage the public to report to us any suspected illegal gambling activity in your communities,” he said. (PNA)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.