President Rodrigo Roa Duterte was allegedly rushed to the Cardinal Hospital Sunday morning.
Unconfirmed reports claimed that the President could have possibly suffered from a stroke.
Malacañang insiders are mum on the rumor. No one has confirmed nor denied earlier Sunday morning.
What is confirmed so far is that a very important person was rushed to the Cardinal Santos Medical Center.
A twitter post by Max101 first broke the rumor about Duterte having suffered from a heart attack.
A Malacañang insider meanwhile asked Davao Breaking News as to who broke the rumor to the public. When informed about the twitter post, the insider readily denied the rumor.
Staunch Duterte-critic Raissa Robles also asked in her twitter account if there is any “big shot in Cardinal Santos” around nine in the morning Sunday.
Around noontime, Malacañang has officially denied that President Duterte was hospitalized at the Cardinal Santos Medical Center in San Juan City.
“Not true. He should probably be in his quarters and resting like what I will do in a few minutes. Thanks for understanding,” Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea said in a text message.
Duterte’s trusted aid Bong Go also said in a text message that it was “not true.”
In a released statement Sunday afternoon, Chief Presidential Legal Counsel and Presidential SpokespersonSalvador S. Panelo also denied the rumor.
“There is no truth to the rumor circulating that President Rodrigo Roa Duterte is confined in Cardinal Santos Medical Center in San Juan. The President is in his residence at the Palace signing papers. I just talked to him, he is neither confirming nor denying that he went to the hospital,” said Panelo.
Duterte has been out of the public eye for five days now.