On September 27, 2018 at 6:00 in the morning, a joint security forces and law enforcement units such as; DCPO, TF Davao, PCG 11, RMU 11, NICA 11, BFP 11, CIDG 11, RIU 11, 44th SAC, RCDD and City Health Office (Davao) conducted Oplan: Kalinaw in separate places here in Davao City.
Said program is a 4 in 1 Package, which is designed to initiate: Identity/background check and profiling of transient residents in our urban poor communities in the City; Manhunt Operations/ Arrest of Wanted Persons/ fugitives hiding in these communities; Community Outreach/ Free medical check-up and giving of medicines and vitamins, and; Community Empowerment thru Crime Prevention Education.
The operation dubbed as “Oplan:Kalinaw,” led by PSSUPT Alexander Tagum has resulted in the identity/background check and profiling of 826 residents; 756 are with ID’s , 170 persons failed to present their ID’s and the arrest of twenty two (22) wanted persons with serious criminal offenses as follows;
1. Lakvar Kaul alias Preity Hill for Theft;
2. Rogelio Satera Dayanan for RA 9287 (Illegal Gambling) ;
3. Sheena Marie P. Delig for Qualified Theft;
4. Arthur L. Branzuela for Three (3) Counts of Rape;
5. Annalyn Simblante Asilo;
6. Mary Jane Simblante;
7. Amelyn Simblante Colimares; and;
8. Dianne Resemo Romano for PD 1602 ;
9. Nenita Lalim Lapura for RA 1727 otherwise known as Malicious Dissemination of False Information of making any threat concerning bombs, explosives of any similar device ;
10. Felipe Barquez Banusan for Theft;
11. Virgilio Recorba Jr. for RA 9262 or Anti- VAWC law;
12. Rodino Cuervo Eborde for Attempted Murder;
13. Joel Gonzales Nuera for RA 9287;
14. Cristobal Gabisan Caparida;
15. Roweno Aleria Grenio; and
16. Franklin Ongcol for PD 1602;
17. Christopher Dann Lemos Rodriguez for R.A 8353 (Rape);
18. Marcelino Ponsica, Sr. for Attempted Murder;
19. Marvin B. Pajaron for Carnapping;
20. Liezel Oton for Falsification of Public Documents;
21. Marcelin Alexis Nicasio Gimenez for Reckless Imprudence Resulting in Less Serious Physical Injuries;
22. Jonie E Agnon for Falsification by private individuals of public documents;
In addition, a total of 570 residents availed of the free medical check-up, Supplemental Food Feeding and 669 persons received free medicines and vitamins. The activity ended at about 11:00 AM.
PCSUPT MARCELO MORALES, Regional Director, lauded the Davao City Police for this accomplishment. Further said that the Police Regional Office 11 will continue to intensify the campaign against wanted persons and other anti criminality efforts to support the program of the government in crime reduction.