1. At around 9:50am concerned citizen called up this office informing that a dead body believed to be a child was found at Purok 11 KM 9, Matina Pangi Davao City. ITC, duty investigators SPO2 Gallego,SPO2 Delima and SPO2 Fajardo together with WCPD Investigator PO1 Regidor were dispatched to take appropriate action on board mobile 24 manned by PO1 Tac-an and PO1 Peliño.
2. Victim was identified as Christine Angel Tino Laquinario, female, 6 years old, and a resident of Morio-Morio KM 8.5 Matina Pangi Davao City confirmed her mother Jezalle Tino Loquinario. According to the mother of the victim her daughter was missing since 4:00pm of September 17, 2018.
3. Initial investigation conducted disclosed that at around 8:30am of September 23, 2018 one Rico Jay Lauron Labao, male, 27 years old, single, construction worker and a resident of Morio-Morio KM 8.5 Matina Pangi Davao City discovered the lifeless body of the victim already in the state of decomposition with an electrical wire tied at her neck and feet at the grassy portion Purok 11 KM 9, Matina Pangi Davao City.
4. Rico Jay Lauron Labao was invited at this office and considered as person of interest because during the conduct of investigation he gave inconsistent testimony. Furthermore recovered from his house were several wires which was very similar with the wires being tied at victim.
5. PNP SOCO led by PCI also responded in the area. Cadaver of the victim was brought to Angel Funeral Parlor, Torres Street Davao City for the required autopsy.
6. For information.