Seven people were reportedly injured when an improvised explosive device went off near a drugstore in General Santos City Sunday morning, September 16.
The explosion happened around 11:40 am at Seven TGP Generic Drugstore at crossing Makar.
The victims were identified as:
1. Jessly Yrome Guyos, 19, Polomolok South Cotabato
2. Joanna Bless P. Alipyo, 6, SoCot
3. Filippa Regidor, 63, Apopong in Gensan
4. Lally Jean Alipyo, 34, Polomolok SoCot.
5. John Lennon Calong, 22, Isulan,Sultan Kudarat
6. Claire Uozia, 24, Koronadal City
7. Marlon Orabia, 30, Apopong in Gensan
The victims are now confined at the St. Elizabeth Hospital in Gensan.
Authorities are still imvestigating the incident as of presstime.
Explosive Ordnance Division teams of GSCPO and JTF GENSAN are currently conducting paneling/assessment in the area.
The military’s 10th Infantry Division meanwhile branded the incident as an act of terrorism.