Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go is open to the possibility of a Senate inquiry on the infrastructure projects cornered by the Go family from the Department of Public Works and Highways.
In a press conference Monday, September 10, Senator Antonio Trillanes IV said he will file a resolution that would seek to investigate the P4.6 billion infra projects awarded to CLTG Builders and Alfrego Builders and Supply.
The two companies are owned by the father and the half-brother of SAP Go respectively.
Go had earlier denied any hand in the awarding of projects to his family’s companies. He said that since he worked with then mayor now President Rodrigo Duterte, the construction companies of his family have already stopped bidding projects from the City Government of Davao.
In his reaction to the possible Senate inquiry, Go said he welcomes any probe to finally clear his involvement in his family’s business.
“I welcome any, and all, investigation or Senate inquiry that Trillanes will call in relation to my family’s alleged involvement in “billions of pesos” worth of projects. I am even asking Trillanes to start as soon as possible. Kahit bukas agad pwede akong sumalang sa senado, para naman mabisita ko sya kung saan sya nagtatago. I will be more than happy to face the inquiry as this will give me another chance to prove my non-involvement and another Senate appearance will also give me free media mileage.
In the course of the investigation, if my involvement will be proven and substantiated by facts and documents, I will immediately tender my resignation. But if the allegations are fake and concocted then my accuser, Senator Trillanes, should resign,” Go said.