Grab denies filing claims vs. Koko Nograles

Grab Philippines denies insinuation made by partylist congressman Jericho “Koko” Nograles that the company was behind the damage suit filed against the Dabawenyo solon.

In a released statement Monday, August 20, Grab Public Affairs head Leo Gonzales said Grab Philippines has not filed any lawsuit against PBA Partylist Rep. Nograles.

“Apparently, the lawsuit was filed by TNVS drivers who were greatly affected by the removal of the P2/minute fare component which would have assured them of the means to make ends meet at the end of the day,” Gonzales said.

Some 150 drivers from ride-hailing service Grab filed the P5-million damage suit against Rep. Nograles, who is a staunch critic of the P2 per-minute charge.

The Land Transportation Franchising Regulatory Board prompted to suspend Grab’s extra charge scheme after Nograles accused the transport service of failing to inform riders about it.

Last month, Grab was also ordered to pay P10 million in penalties and reimburse its passengers by way of rebates.

The driver complainants claimed that the suspension of the per-minute charge hurt their earnings, making it difficult to settle payment for their vehicles.

The lawsuit was filed before the San Mateo, Rizal Regional Trial Court.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.